We are all in the quest for love. Some looking for “the one” in the dance floor. Some are lucky enough to find their life partner already. Some are still in the games, hunting for the potential mate.Why not try speed dating for a change? We have useful tips for you to remember.
Speed dating was invented by a Rabbi named Yaacov Deyo of Aish HaTorrah, a Jewish orthodox organization in Los Angeles, California in 1998 to help young Jewish singles to mingle. Countries like the United States, Canada, Australia, Germany, France and the United Kingdom organizes speed dating events to help hopeless romantics find love at first sit. Yes, you have read it right. It is to find love at first sit. In a set location with multiple seats, opposite sex will interact one-to-one within 3 to 5 minutes. When the time is up you go to the next seat to entertain another until you have met every participant. It is the ultimate 50 first date experience or less.
If you have never been to a speed date before you can contact your local event hosts or visit the following top websites for speed dating:
Unlike online dating, in speed dating, you get to meet them in person so you have to keep in mind these following tips to enjoy the experience:
1. Dress to impress
- Make a good first impression that will last. Physical appearance plays a great role in the dating scene. This can be used as the checklist for nay or yay for some. Always make sure that you look fabulous and comfortable. Your outfit should reflect your personality. Choose a dress that will boost your confidence and flaunt your asset.
2. Show up on time
- The old adage the early bird gets the worm may or may not be applicable with speed dating. If you are referring for the worm as your mate, being early does not necessarily give you the advantage of getting one. But attending on time is a must. Registration and making friends with the host can help you scan the place as well as the event itself. You have to make yourself comfortable with the activity you are joining in especially if it’s your first time and not be awkward. Pre-event preparation is the perfect time to ask questions you have in mind and resolve the doubts inside your head before you consider getting out of there.
3. Questions and light conversations
- Use appropriate and light conversations within a few minutes. Questions will filter your compatibility. You can talk about your interests, hobbies, food but not the basics – where you work, where you are residing at the moment. You will have these information in the right time, after the event based on the result and recommendations of the organizers. Avoid asking questions you will get no fruitful answers from, the yes or no type.
4. Do not reveal too much information
- Beware of stranger danger! You do not want to end up having a creepy stalker or worse a psycho. Delving into a deep conversation is impossible to happen so don’t give away too much information. Date smart and be safe.
5. Take mental notes.
- Observe their body language and take mental notes of what you see, hear and feel. Pay attention to their grooming, clothing and over-all appearance. You don’t have to be judgmental about it. All you have to do is consider what is important to you. If you want a person who is presentable and pleasant-looking, check out their nails or teeth or what makes you go OCD the most.
Try out these tips to enjoy your speed dating and let us know how it works!