Stress is a mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or demanding circumstances. Stress comes in two forms. The good and the bad. It can occur anywhere in anytime. One major place that stress takes place is at work. Managing stress to lessen it helps you become productive and keeps you healthy. Here are some guidelines to help you lessen stress while working.
1. Snack on healthy
- Do: eat foods high in protein and fiber such as vegetables and fruits.
- Do: drink lots of water.
- Do: pack your own meals.
- Don’t: skip lunch.
- Don’t: eat from fast food or vending machines. Foods from these sources contain lots of preservatives which are unhealthy and somewhat unsanitary.
- Don’t: drink a lot of coffee and soft drinks though you might want to stay awake.
Recommended for you:
2. Make time to meditate
- Do: find your mountain top amidst your chaotic office, somewhere quiet.
- Do: use therapeutic imagery. Imagine you are in a forest or a beach. Anywhere calm.
- Do: sit steadily and breathe.
- Don’t: Smoke instead of breathing fresh or less polluted air.
- Don’t: listen to music. You probably wear your headphones on the way to work, while typing and even going home. Listen to the music of your heart and try to relax.
- Don’t: take somebody with you. Meditate alone.
3. Habitually use affirmation
- Do: positive thinking.
- Don’t: entertain negative thoughts.
4. Manage your time
- Do: wake up early. Remember, “The early bird catches the worm”. As cliché as it may sounds but it is very true. You can do a lot with your day and finish ahead of time.
- Do: prioritize task to meet deadlines.
- Don’t: habitually overwork. No to overtime.
5. Make a list and accomplish them
- Do: make a list to lessen stress. It organizes your task and help you remember them.
- Do: place reminders where you can see them. A planner will also help you to keep on track.
- Do: check off what was done from your list.
- Don’t: use one color or too many color that may disorganize your thoughts.
6. Avoid Gossiping
- Do: Be friends with someone who doesn’t just help you with work but also helps you with life in general.
- Do: avoid dealing with toxic people. They may influence you like a poison.
- Don’t: spread rumors. This may get you fired and also bad for your record.
7. Save your money wisely
- Do: prepare for the worst and budget your earnings good up to many months.
- Don’t: spend that is not according with your wage and budget.
8. Complete difficult project first
- Do: hardest task first to visualize and manage the time given for each task. If so, you will have more time left for the easy ones.
- Don’t: procrastinate. Work is work. You are paid to do your job.
Working hard is different with working smart. Definitely, one is better than the other. Working hard is equals to more stress while working smart is equal to less stress. Use these guidelines to lessen your stress while working and surely your performance will get better and you will have more time for yourself and family.
Free report shows you how to shrug off your past failures and train your brain to create success in all areas of your life